Household pests and insects are usually handled by homeowners, renters, and landlords through preventive “do-it-yourself” measures. We use sprays, traps, and highly toxic chemicals to rid our homes of these annoying and dangerous invaders. At Amtech, we appreciate and commend your DIY attitude towards pest control in Brookfield; however, we want you to consider calling the professionals to keep your home pest and insect free—without all the harsh chemicals.
In this post, we share with you how to choose the best pest control company to satisfy your pest removal needs.
Choose The Best Pest Control Company
The two overall traits you want to find in a pest control company is quality and value. It’s not always best to choose the pest control services that cost the least—although this may get you the best deal. You risk getting a company that doesn’t get rid of the insect and rodents the first time. You’re not alone in this search for the best pest control services in Brookfield. Here are a few tips from the pros at Amtech:
Tip #1 – Get Multiple Estimates
When it comes down to price, get more than one quote. This may require leveraging free pest inspections to get an idea of what pest control companies will charge to resolve your pest problem. We get that you want the rodents in your walls or the ants in your floorboards to disappear immediately, but you will pay more if the job does not get done right the first time. Use the estimates to decide which company is the best in price and quality of service.
Tip #2 – Research Reputation
You can go online and search “pest control Brookfield” and get millions of results for companies in the area. How do you know which company to choose? Check the star ratings and reviews on multiple sites for the companies you’ve chosen to potentially hire. Don’t wait until they serve your needs—or don’t—to find out how good of a company they are.
Tip #3 – Ask Questions
Once you narrow down your choice between one or two companies, call them and ask questions. You want to know that they know what they’re doing. It’s common to come across pest control companies that pretend they have a huge presence in the area, but they’re just starting out. Here are some questions to protect yourself:
- How long have you been in business in Brookfield?
- Will you provide me with a list of Brookfield references?
- Does your pest control technician have certifications to do the job?
- Can I get a copy of your pest control licensing and insurance?
- Can I get a list of the chemicals you use to take care of my specific pest issue?
- What if your pest control service doesn’t work the first time?
Tip #4 – Watch For Scams
It’s inevitable that some residents in the Brookfield area will come across “pest control companies” that run scams to steal money and ruin lives. Here are a few we’ve been told about for you to watch out for:
- Pest control included in a “package” deal with home repair or landscaping services
- Don’t have a listed/dedicated phone number for their business
- Sell pest removal services door-to-door
- Report pest issues at a neighbors house to get your business
- Claim to have a secret formula, guaranteed to work
- High-pressure tactics to get you to pay upfront or sign a contract you haven’t read
- Claim to be endorsed by State Department of Agriculture
Hire The Brookfield Pest Control Professionals
At Amtech, we serve the residents of Brookfield with comprehensive pest control services. Our promise to you is that we will remove pests and shore up your home so you don’t have to deal with them anymore. In some cases, homeowners need regular pest management services to keep the rodents and insects out. In other cases, seasonal preventive pest control is necessary to keep your home clean and pest free. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your free pest inspection!