Rodent Clean Up and Disinfecting
Over time, homes infested with rodents including Mice, Rats, Squirrels and Raccoons can accumulate unhealthy amounts of urine and feces. Rodent urine and feces are known to carry over 35 diseases. Amtech offers a rodent clean up service for a healthier home environment.
Urine and droppings
Before starting cleanup of the space, we ventilate the space by opening the doors and windows for at least 30 minutes to allow fresh air to enter the area.
First, clean up any urine and droppings
It is important to not stir dust by sweeping or vacuuming (without a hepa-vac) droppings, urine, or nesting materials.
- Using rubber, latex, or vinyl gloves when cleaning urine and droppings and a disposable Tyvek suit
- We dampen the urine and droppings with a disinfectant and allow to stand approximately 5 minutes
- Next, we remove urine, droppings, soiled insulation and any other items that may be contaminated
- After the rodent droppings and urine have been removed, disinfect remaining items that might have been contaminated by rodents or their urine and droppings
When necessary, we clean and disinfect the whole area
- Mop floors and clean countertops with disinfectant
Dead rodents or nests
- Spray the dead rodent or nest and the surrounding area with a disinfectant
- Soak rodent, nesting materials or droppings in solution for 5 minutes before wiping up with a paper towel, rag or other method
- Place the dead rodent or nesting materials in a plastic bag and seal tightly. Place the full bag in a second plastic bag and seal.
- Throw the bag into a covered trash can that is regularly emptied.
- For larger jobs we have a refuse service remove the sealed bags